Tuesday, February 15, 2011

All You Need Is Love

Wouldn't that be nice? If literally all you needed was love to survive? We wouldn't need to eat or sleep or breathe, we'd just need to love and be loved? Would more or less people be starving?

Oh, yeah just dropped a deep-thought bomb on ya. BOOM headshot.

And now on to the lighter, more typical fare. My lovely wifey and I's anniversary is quickly approaching (as facebook has been reminding me all week, obviously the reminder system was designed for men who forget anniversaries) and I was leaving her a video rambling about what to get for her this year, and talking about how I don't want something stupid like a food processor or embroidered monogrammed towels from my husband when I get married, I want something awesome. But then I realized that those 'anniversary gift by year' charts aren't really designed with, well, me in mind (unless, as I plan to, I get a creative husband who uses them more as guidelines than actual rules).


We've stuck in out through the good times...
 


...and the bad.



So, I decided to put together the nontraditional anniversary guide for those of us looking for less traditional anniversary gifts. I kind of tried to keep with the overall themes....ish.

Anniversary (traditional gift/modern) nerd-style

First (Paper/Clocks??) year subscription card to WOW
Second (Cotton/China) super nerdy tshirt 
Third (Leather/Crystal and Glass) boots - perfect for all sorts of costumes
Fourth (Fruit and Flowers/Appliances) newest gaming system
Fifth (Wood/Silverware) Replica wand from the Nobel Collection
Sixth (Candy/Wood) Han Solo encased in carbonite chocolates
Seventh (Copper and Wool/Desk set??? wtf) trip to Penny Acade Expo (get it? copper - penny) if you know what this is....r-e-s-p-e-c-t to you
Eighth (Bronze/Linen) Custom made Steampunk goggles
Ninth (Pottery/Leather) Leather bound copies of all the classic Science Fiction books (Jules Vern, Douglas Adams, etc.)
Tenth (Tin/Diamond) Replica Nenya (Galadiel's ring from LotR) with real diamonds/silver
Eleventh (Steel/Jewelery) Batarangs
Twelfth (Silk/Pearl) Silk pajamas....because everyone enjoys a good pair of silk jammies once in awhile
Thirteenth (Lace/Textiles and Faux Fur???) Lace? Fur?....Oh, I'm just going to let your cosplay minds wander into the gutter for this one, go ahead.
Fourteenth (Ivory/Gold) piano (this doesn't really apply to all nerds, just me. But I guess if you learned some classic gaming tunes or the LotR score or something....)
Fifteenth (Crystal/Watches) Trip to E3/International Comic Con - or both

20th (China/Platinum) Trip to New Zealand LotR sets
30th (Pearl/Pearl) Pearl encrusted dagger
40th (Ruby/Ruby) ruby encrusted sword
50th (Gold/Gold) Real gold Ring of Power
60th (Diamonds/Diamonds) If you make it this long, just buy each other Gameboys and Pokemon Diamond and relish in your victory...
everything after this is diamonds as well, so after 60 years of marriage you are going to be soooo glam

No comments:

Post a Comment