Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sorry About That...

So I realized that I've been absent from this blog from so long that Blogger logged me out. Needless to say I was pretty sad. Anyway, home on break now, so for the time being I guesss I should change my title to 'Krysti Not At College' or 'Krysti At Home' but that just sounds like I live in my parents basement and play video games and eat old pizza all day. Quite the contrary, I live on the top floor, read Harry Potter and quest all day, and eat freshly made pizza quesidillas (recipe later, SOO GOOOD). So I guess I'll just ramble on like I always do, but I decided to start with a shout out to all of those wonderful three readers living in the 717 eaither all the time or just 8 months of the year...
Today, I went to the Amish Country with my family. While in a restraunt, an elderly Amish lady got up and dropped her plate. Her immeadiate response was, "Oh shit!". The entire restraunt went silent. Her husband started praying and her children cried. I love Amish people. MLIA.
Moving on...recently I learned:
  • Parents love you a lot more when you leave for four months and come back.
  • Driving in snow is not something I plan on engaging in any more than needed. When I'm working I'm saving up all my sick days for any day there's snow and we don't already get a snow day.
  • I miss working with kids. I didn't really learn this, but a loving reuniting of two year olds in a Payless reminded me...
  • I was meant to go to Hogwarts. And I now have the sweater to prove it. And magically, the silly Muggle cashier only charged me six bucks because he said it was 'out of season' and no longer in their system. Needless to say my Confundus Charm worked perfectly....
  • Debit cards are a wonderful invention.
  • Supermarker sushi can sometimes beat any TGI Fridays spread...even if you break in to get it.
  • TGI Fridays has a terrible security system.
  • My wellness teacher is a douche.
  • The best feeling in the world is the last Wellness class ever. Climbing the gym's hill for the last time knowing you never again will have to reach the top before 9:00  in the AM.
  • My father cannot pick out presents...my poor mother....
  • More people should engage in Christmas caroling. And I don't mean just to the elderly. Not that they don't enjoy a rousing chorus of "Jingle Bells" but so do the rest of us.
  • Sometimes weather people are right.
  • That my schools text alert system does work, as it proved five times today with various weather-related texts that have no bearing on my activites two hours away.
  • Plum is the new black this season, add it to your wish lists, it's currently my favorite color.
  • I am secretly Neecy Nash.
  • I love to Kareoke. But not in front of people or anything like that. Just give me an empty basement, a microphone stand, and Youtube versions of all my favorite Broadway hits and I'm fucking Hannah Montana.
  • My secret dream is to be a rockstar. And I don't even care if I were to be a cardboard cutout Disney star, as long as I was a rockstar.
  • M-ville has been Zombie-free for almost 155 years. Congrats MUCAZ, you're doin' great girl.
  • Kevin Jonas got married today. AKA inside I'm in mourning.
  • Voldemort is hiding in Kuwait. Obama, your priorities are all wrong...
  • I don't know what I would do if I were in a single. My mouth almost shriveled up and died after not talking to people for two and a half hours...I can't imagine all the time.
  • The most valuable thing I learned at college is how to get permenently stuck speaking in a 1800 British peon accent.
  • I miss my roomies and hall buddies already...

No comments:

Post a Comment