Monday, June 20, 2011

Warning: Don't Read These to Children

A lot of times when I meet new people, or even are discussing my future with friends, they wonder (usually aloud) how the fuck I'm going to be a teacher with the mouth of a sailor and the sense of humor to match. To them I respond that I have an incredible sensor, always have. I've worked around kids/lived in my family forever and can turn my family-friendly self off in an instant. I just don't feel the need to if there's no occasion to. I think this might be one of the reasons I love this new wave of adult-version children's books that are cropping up. Written and illustrated like a children's book, they're just like me, seemingly child-friendly until you take a closer look. To be honest, I'm not to worried about the surprise I get from people. Having seen plenty of teachers behind-the-scenes I think it's funny to expose others to the fact that teachers have more than one dimension...

You can't actually 'click to read' that was just on the picture I used...lol



A kids-eye view of plastic surgury...oh, that's great...wait, WTF

This is older but the artwork is really cool.


OMG CLICK FOR AUDIO NARRATED BY SAMUEL L JACKSON


I also considered calling this post "More Proof I Shouldn't Have Children" but I think I may make that a separate post, considering it could be a long one.

No comments:

Post a Comment